Why it's just air?

Ooh I love this, it makes me sound so knowledgeable. Anyway, so a friend went to Thailand and a Buddhist told her that if ever anyone says anything horrible to her she should just imagine the words flowing away on the wind away from her. Because after all, words are just caught on the air. I love that.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Is it wrong to want a whole life of pampering?

I'm having a thai foot massage on Sunday at this amazing place in Newmarket;www.sangdaothaispa.co.uk
and I'm sort of justifying it as a birthday treat but frankly, I would have something like this done every week if I could afford it.
 
I don't know what it is about being pampered, but it just makes me feel like a princess. When you go into a place and it's all quiet and they dress you in those lovely fluffy robes and make you wear slippers, (which let's face it, I would NEVER normally wear cos I hate the buggers constricting my toes) and you can smell some kind of incense and there's that lovely spa-ey music playing in the background, I could quite easily just melt onto the floor in a big puddle. Give me a spa place in Stanwick and I swear I will never ever go boredom shopping again. My wardrobe will not be creaking and groaning with the wweight of another flipping cardigan I don't need and doesn't flatter my figure, but my skin will be baby soft and there will be no knots in my back. Mind you, I'll probably be even more bankrupt. Mm, but maybe I'd find inner peace...mmmmmm....
 
By the way, second best thing to going to these spa places , is looking at their brochures and reading their treatment lists, specially if they list in detail what they do to you.Lists of things that include words such as 'Luxurious' ,'pampering'  and 'tranquility' . I'm a sucker for anything that claims to 'slow down the formation of new fat cells'  and that 'stimulates lymphatic flow'. I'm like a dieting woman who spies a calorie free chocolate gateaux, gobbling up those phrases. (mm, need to work on those analogies Helen.) Funny how I've a living room littered with those leaflets yet it really takes a lot for me to call up and book something. Still, roll on that Stanwick Spa. If I win the lottery, I'll do it myself.
 
 
 

No comments: