Why it's just air?

Ooh I love this, it makes me sound so knowledgeable. Anyway, so a friend went to Thailand and a Buddhist told her that if ever anyone says anything horrible to her she should just imagine the words flowing away on the wind away from her. Because after all, words are just caught on the air. I love that.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

How'd you like your eggs?

Well had my eggs collection op yesterday and feel like I've gone ten
rounds with Mike Tyson. You may feel like you're full of air said the lovely nurse Lesley, they had to blow you up a bit for better access. Mmm. And she said the 'air' may end up rond your shoulder blades. Wind in my shoulder blades eh? Sounds liek a song from a musical....

But after a false start, when P took the eggs to the other specialist clinic (and spent the 45 minute car journey with them in an incubator plugged into the cigarette lighter, talking to his future children) and needed to provide two samples not just one, they then told him they had 11 eggs, which is
apparently good (?) and now we have to wait to find out if there are any embryos to implant back. Fingers crossed. Feel very positive that this is an experience we can get through whatever the outcome and that our little babies will be waiting for us.

The general anaesthetic was WEIRD tho, never had one of
those before! One minute the nurse and I were talking about Michael
Jackson, the next there's a cold feeling up my arm and my eyes went a bit misty "Ooh something's happening." I said. Then I'm waking up and the op was over! Still better that way I imagine!

It does make me think, all the discomfort and worry is not worth it in terms of things like plastic surgery mind you. Maybe I'll change my mind one day.

By the way, the 'air' is actually quite painful. Just disperse will you! I'm really very uncomfortable. Hence why I'm up at 6 am on my holiday time and P is snoozing.

No comments: