Why it's just air?

Ooh I love this, it makes me sound so knowledgeable. Anyway, so a friend went to Thailand and a Buddhist told her that if ever anyone says anything horrible to her she should just imagine the words flowing away on the wind away from her. Because after all, words are just caught on the air. I love that.

Monday, June 14, 2010

She's a girl!

Matilda, the little girl who resides in my tummy is kicking and I can feel it. It is the strangest but most natural feeling. A bit like wind.... We had our 20 week scan and saw her , not knowing she was a she, and then the doctor said quite matter of fact, "You've got a little girl!"(which is rather helpful on the name front if anything cos boys names were a struggle!).

P is thrilled, I am thrilled, she is real and she is going to be here soon!

So many things we want to do with our little girl, so many places to take her, things to show her,books to read her. 'Matilda' because it's pretty and can be shortened to lots of things such as Millie and Tillie and Tilda. And Matilda because of the Roald Dahl book about the little girl who loved reading. I watched the film a month or so ago on a day when I was feeling particularly eye leakey, and P was away and I sobbed through most of it, thinking 'we are going to have a little girl like that'. No pressure little one, but books are such a joy!

So yes she's kicking now, wasn't sure what the feeling was at first, and have been sceptical of anyone who says they feel it before 18 weeks cos babies are still so very tiny and their feet at 20 weeks are only 3cm, but it is becoming a much more regular feeling and somehow I now know it's her moving and not a gurgley stomach.

Naturally scared of the next 4 months, and even more scared of the few months after she's born, and how it will work with work, but it's all a journey and it's the life changing journey we wanted.

Now I must muster up the energy to go and do some pregnancy yoga. Feel so much better physically, apart from the odd bit of heartburn and pins and needles at night and fat hands and feet, but this is better than sickness!

No comments: