Why it's just air?

Ooh I love this, it makes me sound so knowledgeable. Anyway, so a friend went to Thailand and a Buddhist told her that if ever anyone says anything horrible to her she should just imagine the words flowing away on the wind away from her. Because after all, words are just caught on the air. I love that.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Moles.

On sunday night, noticed a mole on my neck that I've had for years looked a bit different. Lighter maybe, and more fluid on top of the skin. Uurgh, makes me feel all funny just thinkign about it. Anyway, what with my mole history and all (makes me sound like some kind of skin historian) I made me an appointment for yesterday so I could just go in and get it chopped off. Without taking no for an answer.
 
Left work early,  got terribly worried and anxious in the waiting room, so much so my heart could have burst out of my chest as usual, and then went in ; LOVELY doc, not my usual one, who looked at it, said yep, we'll have that off, i'll send you an appointment asap, (damnit, but I wanted it off then and there! Ah well)  and we'll do a blood test next week , and said he really doesn't think it's cancerous, but cos of my history, best to be on the safe side. So I came out (burst into tears at the relief in the car, god bless the husb. I always do this when i come out of the docs. White coat syndrome apparently!) and went shopping for the rest of the day , bought 2 eyeliners, a nail varnish, some earrings and Paul's christmas pressie and had a nourishign carrot juice from a juice bar. Yum. How healthy ! All in all, a thoroughly satisfying day!

2 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Oh Helen, good luck with the tests. You did the right thing though. MUCH better to get things checked out as soon as poss. Well, after checking your emails, checking your mug to see if there's any tea left in it, reading to the end of the chapter, absent-mindedly making more tea and reading the next chapter as well, checking out ebay...

Anonymous said...

Ah hun, that must've been really worrying for you. Here if you need anything. xxxxxxxx