Why it's just air?

Ooh I love this, it makes me sound so knowledgeable. Anyway, so a friend went to Thailand and a Buddhist told her that if ever anyone says anything horrible to her she should just imagine the words flowing away on the wind away from her. Because after all, words are just caught on the air. I love that.

Friday, September 15, 2006

my heart is aching

Saw Olivia yesterday, who's 5 months pregnant and absolutely blooming. I felt big pangs of envy and love for her.I am excited yet also terrified at the prospect of motherhood. I feel a huge well of emotion filling my chest when I talk about this. Our own child. To have created something from both Paul and I , that will grow inside me and will continue growing and being nurtured by us is something I have a real need for. I can see us all laughing together. I can already feel it.  I know Paul sometimes thinks having a baby in the near future will hold us back, but it's only been this year that I can really feel this pull, this magnet of motherhood pulling me forward. It terrifies me of how much it will change our lives and our relationship. P is the best thing that has ever happened to me and my heart aches at the thought of anything changing that.
 
I am also frightened of what challenges lie ahead for us with making this step. To cross the line of pregnancy and then your baby not live is something that just happens . Mum had a son. He died when he was 24 hours old and she lives with the knowledge that she has a son every day of her life. How can he not be here?  Maybe he just wasn't meant to live. I want to not be frightened of death and the death of those I love , but it's not even the death part that frightens me if I believe we all have a soul. It's the missing them I find hard to handle. It makes my heart hurt.
 
I don't know this blogger, but I know she lives near Cambridge and I know she writes a fantastic blog every day. She's just lost her baby and her blog made me cry.
 

No comments: