Wednesday, May 24, 2006
I'm having non blogging guilt.....and Fluffies!
whoops, haven't written for ages. Please don't let it get to the stage where I start to think, as i did when I was 18, that it was so BOOOOOOOORRRRING to have to write about your day. But it's not boring, I'm just a bit mis at the mo and don't want to whinge. Volunteered at Wood Green Animal Shelter though, which is making me HAPPY!! One day Paul will let me have a dog, yes he will, but till we're not working all hours of the day it's hardly fair, SO helping out the doggies at Wood Green will suffice for now. I managed to walk past the man who was manning the stall for litter picking volunteers at the info evening on Monday night who then embarrassingly said "You're not going to walk past me are you?" Er...yes...so naturellement, the guilt kicked in again and I tried to play down my walking past with a move of the body towards him and an open expression that I hope clearly said "Noo, not walking past, just pausing in awe of people who wear three piece suits and talk about litter picking, wow cos yes I'm interested!" AND then tried to make it seem like nooo, of course I'm not just here for the fluffy animals I'm here for THE CAUSE and if that involves picking up half trodden bits of flapjack from the fields around Godmanchester, then by god I'm there supporting my comrades with the binliners. Of course I'm not though. I'm there for the fluffies. In fact, I actually signed up for Surgery , which means holding paws for injections and even watching ops..whoohoo! Will I cope with the blood ? Let's hope so. Can't help thinking how the theme tune to Animal Hospital sends me into shoulder shaking sobbing fits so to see them in the flesh might tip me over the edge. Well it's all good experience and means I get to sniff cats , which is one of my hobbies as you know, (they smell so lovely!) and stroke dog ears! Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like fun. How ever will you resist all those sweet animals?
Litter picking could be fun too. ;0)
Hope you're well. xxx
Post a Comment